Wednesday, July 24, 2013

CTTY and OFW

It took my 6'4" DH told hold my Christmas project for CTTY.  It's a quilted Christmas Tree that's over 6 feet tall!  I'm keeping this for me.  It was my first try at meandering/stippling - whatever you call that quilting stitch - and I surprised myself with the results.  It Worked!!!


I now have it rolled on a swimming noodle for storage, you can see where I had it folded above.  The paper pieced pattern (Tall Trim The Tree by Cindi Edgerton) had a pieced flying geese tree skirt but I decided to make mine a little different.



Check out what others are making for Christmas at 
Christmas Through the Year hosted by Anthea.

Now on to One Flower Wednesday hosted by Karen.


Here's my flower for the week, I just finished stitching it.  It's fabric scraps form a table runner I'm working on.
Visit the other flower gardens at One Flower Wednesday.

I took a wool class last Saturday with Kathy (Woolkeeper).  The Fall Banner is called Pumpkin Patch House.  It's the third season banner I've done (or should I say started...summer isn't finished yet)



Kathy's Woolkeeper website should be up by the end of August/early September.  Her patterns are beautiful and the directions are easy to understand.  I saw a sneak peak at a few of the new patterns/kits.  I can't wait to place my order.  Look for a give-a-way here soon.  I wanted to share a kit with you.

I'm off for a long weekend/vacation tomorrow morning to visit family.  I'm taking my Ipad along and hope to visit all of you along the way.

Have a great week!
Danette


13 comments:

creations.1 said...

Oh WOW!!! Love it!!! Over 6ft - what an impact that will have. well done!

Nicky said...

What a stunning tree, absolutely beautiful!

Anonymous said...

wow gorgeous,well done.xx

Helen said...

Very nice tree looks fabulous. Love the hexie.

Melody said...

Lots of lovely stitching here

Hilachas said...

Nice tree. I like to do stippling too. Your flower is lovely, as is your wool project. Enjoy your vacation.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Danette, aren't you clever with that lovely Christmas Tree....I love the tree skirt....a double meaning...."Joy to the World" and "Joy that you finished it"...lol. What a beautiful family heirloom you have made. you and your famlily will enjoy it for years to come....love your little red flower too!

Fiona said...

I love that tree ... it's awesome and what a clever idea to store it on a noodle.... Your wool project is just gorgeous too...
Hugz

Mary said...

Your tree is wonderful. Great job. Looking forward to seeing all these wool projects!! Have a great time on your vacation.

Wendy said...

Oh my! I am in love with your tree! And I don't blame you for keeping it, I would keep this one as well...your flower is lovely...

Anthea said...

Oh wow Danette! Your Christmas tree is amazing - well done on all aspects, especially the stippling, that was a BIG project to refine your skills!
Thanks for linking up with CTTY x

Karen said...

Excellent Christmas tree Danette! Another beautiful flower and how I love the fall banner! Enjoy your long weekend.

Carin@Ullhärvan said...

Beautiful work! I love the tree and the banner is so cute!